Whew. It’s over. Wedding season is finally finished. Holiday deadlines are kicking in and I’ve been taking a breather. But not for long. Every year, it seems, I have the same problem. Right about now I run out of customers and I have to find new ones.
Next year is one big question mark. Where will the clients come from? How will they find me? What if no one calls?
And every year about this time I end up switching gears, from servicing current clients to marketing my business to potential clients. While it’s important never to lose sight of service, if we don’t take steps to ramp up our marketing and promotional efforts … well, who knows what might happen?
Over the course of the year, I usually find/stumble on/discover stuff I need to do to market my business. But I can never get to these projects while I’m in the midst of a wedding season. Now is the time for me to tackle them!
Our Marketing To-Do List
Here are some of the things we’re doing now to help generate new business in 2009:
- Redesigning our web site
- Tackling SEO
- Reconnecting with other professionals using LinkedIn
- Renewing advertising contracts with key wedding publications
- Scheduling bridal show appearances
- Building and delivering sample books to other service providers (our compliments)
- Scheduling lunches with new location coordinators
- Printing a promotional publication to be overnighted to interested prospects
By developing this list and tackling these projects one by one, I can feel confident that we’re creating next year’s customer base.
Another nice thing about these projects? They keep us busy while we wait for our phone to ring.