- Black Star Rising - http://rising.blackstar.com -
The 15-Minute Business Card Makeover
Posted By Ryan Shapiro On September 17, 2009 @ 10:17 am In Business of Photography | 7 Comments
With all the emphasis photographers are placing on social media and online marketing these days, it’s easy to overlook the value of the good old-fashioned business card as a means of introducing yourself to prospective clients.
The fact is, business cards remain an excellent tool for marketing your photography business. And thanks to the Web, making elegant, effective and relatively inexpensive cards is easier than ever.
How easy? Here’s my step-by-step guide to making a great business card in just 15 minutes.
1. Identify four to six of your best images and save them as high-resolution files.
2. Create a collage of these images using Photoshop or one of the free online editing sites, such as Picnik.com . Alternatively, you can take advantage of Google’s free download of Picasa 3.0  and use its collage function.
4. Find a blank card template on the business card site and insert your collage file. Size it to fit properly, either horizontally or vertically, and add your name, business name and contact information.
5. Don’t waste the space on the back of the card. That’s the perfect place to include the address of your Twitter feed or Facebook fan page, along with the icons of these social networking sites.
6. Proof your design and content and place your order.
Above is the business card I created using this simple process. I’ve found that prospects really like it, because they can view a sample of my best images without having to log onto a computer. In many ways, it’s just as effective as a postcard mailer in showing off my work — and a lot less expensive.
In my case, around $80 for 1,000 cards.
Article printed from Black Star Rising: http://rising.blackstar.com
URL to article: http://rising.blackstar.com/the-15-minute-business-card-makeover.html
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Picnik.com: http://www.picnik.com
 Picasa 3.0: http://picasa.google.com
 Vistaprint.com: http://www.vistaprint.com
 123Print.com: http://www.123print.com
 : http://overnightprints.com
 : http://us.moo.com/en/
Copyright © 2010 Black Star Rising. All rights reserved.